Next Gen Connector – modular connector used for?
Shery George | 28 March 2023
The igus module connect has been developed as the next level of plug-and-play solutions. It features highly flexible housing that offers multiple inserts covering power, signal, data and pneumatic connections in one module. But what are modular connectors used for?
Tell me more! What are modular connector used for?
- Flexible assembly – with over 100 inserts available, the combination of your module connect assembly is limitless.
- Fully configurable – every aspect of the module connect is configurable to your individual requirements from seals and cable inserts to connecting multiple modules together.
- Integral strain relief – with the built-in single piece strain relief, the module connect gives a strong, robust, and easy-to-handle system.
- Lightweight and space-saving in design – the module connect is designed with fibre-reinforced high-performance polymers. This reduces the number of separate connectors and allows for a significant reduction in weight compared to conventional rectangular connectors.
- Quick and easy to connect – once module connect has been designed into your system, it allows for very fast production, installation, and service changeover.
- Tried and tested – at igus, all products are thoroughly tested and the module connect is no exception!