Does the weight of the dancer rollers play a major role in maintaining the film tension?
Shery George | 2 September 2021
What are dancing rollers- Rollers which are used to feed the labels or films to machines & maintain specified tension to the film is known dancing rollers as they move freely up & down along with the film.
What are the major worry – How to eliminate unnecessary weights and reduce the drive forces and hence the energy consumption.
What happens if weight is not optimum- The dancing rollers should maintain the basic tension , as the film must be deflected multiple times ,this requires fast pull-off movements, the dancing rollers often hangs on the film and its weight maintains film tension. Without slight pretension , the film will not unroll properly and its position may get shifted. On the other hand if the roller is too heavy , too much load will be applied to the film and hence causing its damage. The additional load need to me moved , hence more drive power required and more energy usage.
Advantages of Ready-to-install film guide rollers from Igus .
- As they are lubrication free , the torque required is much lower then metallic lubricated bearings solution.
- Flexibility to choose from different roller materials like aluminium tube , SS tube , blue food grade PVC tube etc.
- Special sand blasted rollers are also available to get better grip and avoid film from slipping.
- Special bearings with a projecting flange that prevents the film from jumping over can also be used.
- Lengths and diameters are also very flexible – we have a wide range of standard bearings to draw on.
- Predictable life of rollers by expert calculation,
What is the service life of a guide roller?
Ultimately, the question remains: “How long will the roller last?”
Our calculation tools can determine the answer for your application. External influences, such as contamination and cleaning media, are taken into account during selection of components and materials used.